I created this balancing equations foldable for my physical science classes. We began our chemical reactions unit in physical science by balancing chemical equations.
When I took chemistry in high school, I ADORED balancing equations. Each problem was like a mini-puzzle. And, I love puzzles!
I put a circle in front of each reactant and product to show students where to write their coefficients. Circles turned out to be a bad idea for this because some of my students mistook them for zeros. I guess I should use rectangles in the future.
Free Download of Balancing Equations Foldable
More Resources for Teaching Chemical Reactions
- Balancing Equations Worksheet
- Reaction Rate Summary Notes
- Effect of Concentration on Reaction Rate Lab
- Rust Lab
- Effervescent Tablet Lab
- Glow Sticks Reaction Rate Lab
- Types of Systems Foldable
- Predicting Products of Chemical Reactions Foldable
- Classifying Reactions Foldable
- Types of Chemical Reactions Foldable
- Writing and Balancing Chemical Equations Foldable
- Balancing Equations Foldable
- Predicting Products Review Game
- Diatomic Elements BrINClHOF Poster
- Classifying Types of Reactions Card Sort Activity