As a math teacher, I love incorporating math jokes into my classroom. Recently, I’ve been doing this by posting a Math Joke of the Week. I decided to take all of my weekly math jokes and create a dedicated math joke page here on my blog.
I will be adding math jokes to it as I run across them. Feel free to send me your favorites!
- What do you call friends who love math? Algebros
- What is a bird’s favorite type of math? Owl-gebra
- What did the triangle say to the circle? You’re pointless!
- Why did the obtuse angle go to the beach? It was over 90 degrees.
- Which triangles are the coldest? Ice-sosceles Triangles
- What do you call people who like tractors? Pro-tractors
- What do you call an angle that is adorable? Acute angle
- What is a math teacher’s favorite tree? Geometry
- Why is the obtuse triangle always upset? It is never right.
- What do you call a dead parrot? Polygon
- What do you call more than one L? Parallel
- Why was the mathematician late for work? He took the rhombus.
- What is the best way to pass a geometry test? Know all the angles.
- What do geometry teachers have on their floors? Area rugs
- What did the zero say to the eight? Nice belt!
- Why did the two 4’s skip lunch? They already 8!
- What do you call a number that can’t keep still? A Roamin’ Numeral
- Why didn’t the Romans find algebra very challenging? X was always ten.
- Why do plants hate math? It gives them square roots.
- How do you make one vanish? Add a “g” to the beginning.
- Why should you never argue with a decimal? They always have a point.
- How can you make seven even? Remove the “s”
- Why do teenagers travel in groups of three? Because they can’t even.
- What number can only go up? Your age.
- Why was 6 afraid of 7? Because 7 8 9.
- What number has its own day? Two’s day
- Why is it dangerous to do math in the jungle? Because if you add 4 and 4, you get 8.
- Why couldn’t the seven and the ten get married? They were under eighteen.
- Do you know what’s odd? Every other number.
- What did 2, 3, 5, and 7 have for dinner? Prime Rib.
Halloween Math Jokes
- What do you get if you divide the circumference of a jack-o-lantern by its diameter? Pumpkin Pi
- How does a child ghost count? One, Boo, Three
- Why do mathematicians like parks? Because of all the natural logs.
- What do organic mathematicians throw into their fireplaces? Natural logs.
- How does a ghost solve a quadratic equation? By Completing the Scare
- What do baby parabolas drink? Quadratic formula
- Why couldn’t the angle get a loan? His parents wouldn’t cosine.
- What do you call a gentleman who spent all the summer at the beach? A tangent.
- Why didn’t sin and tan go to the party? Just cos.
- How do deaf mathematicians communicate? Sine language
Metric System Jokes
- What do Martians who use the metric system say? “Take me to your liter.”
- Why was the inchworm angry? He had to convert to the metric system.
- What do you call a metric cookie? A gram cracker.
Math Teacher Jokes
- What state has the most math teachers? Math-achusetts
- Why do cheapskates make good math teachers? Because they make every penny count.
- What does a hungry math teacher like to eat? A square meal
- What is an algebra teacher’s favorite sandwich? Slope-y Joe
Miscellaneous Math Jokes
- What did Al Gore play on his guitar? An algorithm
- Why was the math book sad? It had a lot of problems.
- Where do mathematicians go on vacation? Times Square
- What is a mathematician’s favorite season? Sum-mer
- What kind of skates does a calculator wear? Figure skates.
- What adds, subtracts, multiplies, and bumps into light bulbs? A mothematician
- How many feet does it take to measure a backyard? 3- because three feet equals one yard.
- What tools do you use for math? MultiPLIERS
Have another favorite math joke? Leave it in the comments!
Thursday 16th of February 2023
What did the acorn say when it grew up? Gee I'm a tree (Geometry)
Thursday 10th of November 2022
Where do irrational numbers go to school?
Thursday 6th of October 2022
Wednesday 28th of September 2022
You can find some others at https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqr0OWIB-uYu-yBOBYtLu7d-60R2nxnrN ... . Some are the same, others are not included here.
Friday 17th of June 2022
Why do teenagers never walk in odd numbers? Because they can't even...