As a math teacher, I love incorporating math jokes into my classroom. Recently, I’ve been doing this by posting a Math Joke of the Week. I decided to take all of my weekly math jokes and create a dedicated math joke page here on my blog.
I will be adding math jokes to it as I run across them. Feel free to send me your favorites!
- What do you call friends who love math? Algebros
- What is a bird’s favorite type of math? Owl-gebra
- What did the triangle say to the circle? You’re pointless!
- Why did the obtuse angle go to the beach? It was over 90 degrees.
- Which triangles are the coldest? Ice-sosceles Triangles
- What do you call people who like tractors? Pro-tractors
- What do you call an angle that is adorable? Acute angle
- What is a math teacher’s favorite tree? Geometry
- Why is the obtuse triangle always upset? It is never right.
- What do you call a dead parrot? Polygon
- What do you call more than one L? Parallel
- Why was the mathematician late for work? He took the rhombus.
- What is the best way to pass a geometry test? Know all the angles.
- What do geometry teachers have on their floors? Area rugs
- What did the zero say to the eight? Nice belt!
- Why did the two 4’s skip lunch? They already 8!
- What do you call a number that can’t keep still? A Roamin’ Numeral
- Why didn’t the Romans find algebra very challenging? X was always ten.
- Why do plants hate math? It gives them square roots.
- How do you make one vanish? Add a “g” to the beginning.
- Why should you never argue with a decimal? They always have a point.
- How can you make seven even? Remove the “s”
- Why do teenagers travel in groups of three? Because they can’t even.
- What number can only go up? Your age.
- Why was 6 afraid of 7? Because 7 8 9.
- What number has its own day? Two’s day
- Why is it dangerous to do math in the jungle? Because if you add 4 and 4, you get 8.
- Why couldn’t the seven and the ten get married? They were under eighteen.
- Do you know what’s odd? Every other number.
- What did 2, 3, 5, and 7 have for dinner? Prime Rib.
Halloween Math Jokes
- What do you get if you divide the circumference of a jack-o-lantern by its diameter? Pumpkin Pi
- How does a child ghost count? One, Boo, Three
- Why do mathematicians like parks? Because of all the natural logs.
- What do organic mathematicians throw into their fireplaces? Natural logs.
- How does a ghost solve a quadratic equation? By Completing the Scare
- What do baby parabolas drink? Quadratic formula
- Why couldn’t the angle get a loan? His parents wouldn’t cosine.
- What do you call a gentleman who spent all the summer at the beach? A tangent.
- Why didn’t sin and tan go to the party? Just cos.
- How do deaf mathematicians communicate? Sine language
Metric System Jokes
- What do Martians who use the metric system say? “Take me to your liter.”
- Why was the inchworm angry? He had to convert to the metric system.
- What do you call a metric cookie? A gram cracker.
Math Teacher Jokes
- What state has the most math teachers? Math-achusetts
- Why do cheapskates make good math teachers? Because they make every penny count.
- What does a hungry math teacher like to eat? A square meal
- What is an algebra teacher’s favorite sandwich? Slope-y Joe
Miscellaneous Math Jokes
- What did Al Gore play on his guitar? An algorithm
- Why was the math book sad? It had a lot of problems.
- Where do mathematicians go on vacation? Times Square
- What is a mathematician’s favorite season? Sum-mer
- What kind of skates does a calculator wear? Figure skates.
- What adds, subtracts, multiplies, and bumps into light bulbs? A mothematician
- How many feet does it take to measure a backyard? 3- because three feet equals one yard.
- What tools do you use for math? MultiPLIERS
Have another favorite math joke? Leave it in the comments!