I created this How the Periodic Table Really Looks Activity a few years ago when I was teaching chemistry.
I wanted my chemistry students to understand that our modern day periodic table is structured the way it is because we want it to print nicely and be easily readable.
To help illustrate what the periodic table really looks like, I gave my chemistry students a periodic table for us to dissect and reassemble in our interactive notebooks.
I hope that the act of cutting apart the periodic table and re-gluing it helped the lesson stick in my students’ minds!
Free Download of How the Periodic Table Really Looks Activity
More Resources for Teaching the Periodic Table
- 12 Fun and Engaging Periodic Table Activities
- How the Periodic Table Really Looks Activity
- Odd One Out Chemistry Activity
- How to Read the Periodic Table Poster
- Element Quiz Generator
- Element Bingo Activity
- How Many Elements Can You Name Quiz
- Periodic Table of Mistakes Dry Erase Activity
- Chemistry Gossip Activity
- Periodic Table License Plate Project
- Chemical Symbol Foldable
- How to Read the Periodic Table Foldable
- Periodic Table War
- Sweet 16 Periodic Table Tournament
- Periodic Table of the Elements Project