This blog post contains Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases. This comes at no cost to you. Thanks for your support of Math = Love!
It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves.Edmund Hillary
I first became intrigued to learn more about Edmund Hillary after reading about him in John Ortberg’s If You Want to Walk on Water, You’ve Got to Get Out of the Boat.
“Failure does not shape you; the way you respond to failure shapes you. Sir Edmund Hillary made several unsuccessful attempts at scaling Mount Everest before he finally succeeded. After one attempt he stood at the base of the giant mountain and shook his fist at it. “I’ll defeat you yet,” he said in defiance. “Because you’re as big as you’re going to get–but I’m still growing.” Every time Hillary climbed, he failed. And every time he failed, he learned. And every time he learned, he grew and tried again. And one day he didn’t fail.”John Ortberg
Free Poster Download – It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves.
Edmund Hillary Mountain Poster (PDF) (254 downloads)
Looking for more posters? Check out my posters page!
More Free Printable Quote Posters
- Harry Potter Hogwarts Quote Poster
- Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have. (Zig Ziglar)
- All our dreams can come true – if we have the courage to pursue them. (Walt Disney)
- The only limitations are those you place on yourself and those you allow other people to place on you. (Jean Driscoll)
- No legacy is so rich as honesty. (William Shakespeare)
- Fast Learning is Not Always the Best and Deepest Poster
- In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity. (Albert Einstein)
- The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitude of mind. (William James)
- Life is not a destination. Life is a journey. As long as you continue the journey, you will always be a success. (Albert Camus)
- Successful people make themselves do the things that unsuccessful people will not do. (Harry Wong)
- I do the very best I know how, the very best I can, and I mean to keep on doing so until the end. (Abraham Lincoln)
- Whether you think you can or think you can’t – you are right. (Henry Ford)