Are you teaching/reviewing the difference between physical vs chemical changes? NOVA has a lovely activity to give students much-needed practice with this topic. I used this story activity with students when I taught chemistry several years ago.
Students are given a story to read. They must identify all the changes that occur in the story and classify each as a physical change or a chemical change. The instructions ask students to use red/blue. I just had them make a key so they could use the highlighter colors of their choice.
More Activities for Teaching Matter and Change
- Physical vs Chemical Changes Story
- Extensive vs Intensive Properties Color Coding Activity
- Homogeneous vs Heterogeneous Color Coding Activity
- Physical Changes vs Chemical Changes Venn Diagram
- Film Canister Density Challenge
- Substances vs Mixtures Sorting Activity
- States of Matter Foldable
- Matter vs Not Matter Card Sort Activity