I worked through this shadows task that involves similar triangles at a 2013 Common Core Workshop I attended (OGAP). I am blogging about the activities we did last summer so that they are easier for me to find when I go to plan lessons. I hope these ideas will inspire you as well.
I found the answer to this task to be very unexpected! If I taught geometry, I’d definitely use this problem!
After coming home from the workshop, I was able to find the probIem online. I don’t think we were given answer choices, though.
More Geometry Teaching Resources
- Right Triangle Trig Formula Sheet
- Pythagorean Theorem and Distance Formula Notes
- Pythagorean Theorem Day Celebration Ideas
- 25 Fun Geometry Puzzles
- Missing Angles Notes
- Classifying Triangles by Angles and Sides Notes
- Sankaku Puzzles
- Tricky Triangles Puzzle
- Triangular Turkey Puzzle
- Three of Five Puzzle
- SOH CAH TOA Notes
- Let’s Make Squares Activity