Today I’m sharing some significant figures posters I created.
Since I’m teaching physical science this year for the first time, I’m having to review a lot of stuff I haven’t thought about since I was in high school. One of those things is significant figures.
As I’ve been reviewing the rules in preparation to teach them to my students, I decided it was time to start making some physical science posters for my classroom. When students started finding out that I was going to be teaching physical science this year, the first thing they mentioned was that I would have to make science posters. That time has come.
I think these posters are as much for me as for my students because I need the reminder, too!
Rules for handling sig figs when performing mathematical operations:
Rules for rounding with sig figs:
Free Download of Significant Figures Posters
For the editable file you’ll also need to download these free fonts: Wellfleet and Folks-Light.
Want more science posters? Check out my posters page!
More Significant Figures Activities and Resources
- Significant Figures Poster Project
- Arithmetic with Significant Figures Task Cards
- Significant Figures Ordering Cards Activity
- Significant Figures Looping Cards Activity
- Significant Figures Stations Activities
- Significant Figures Two Truths and a Lie Activity
- Significant Figures Speed Dating Activity
- Significant Figures Posters