I created this deck of significant figures ordering cards as part of my collection of five stations activities for practicing significant figures in physical science.
This activity features fifteen cards. Each card has a number that has anywhere from one to five significant figures. Students didn’t know this, but there are three cards with one significant figure, three cards with two significant figures, etc.
Here are the cards in action:
Students need to sort the cards by smallest number of significant figures to largest number of significant figures.
This was a simple station, but it quickly revealed some student misunderstandings.
More Significant Figures Activities and Resources
- Significant Figures Poster Project
- Arithmetic with Significant Figures Task Cards
- Significant Figures Ordering Cards Activity
- Significant Figures Looping Cards Activity
- Significant Figures Stations Activities
- Significant Figures Two Truths and a Lie Activity
- Significant Figures Speed Dating Activity
- Significant Figures Posters