I ran across this game while reading Don Steward’s blog. The Manifest Game was created by Frank Tapson. I posted about another activity from Frank Tapson last week called “How Far Can YOU Climb?” Quite a few of you tried it out in your classroom, and your students loved it just as much as mine did!
I created a template for a game board and deck of cards to make it easier for my students to play this game.
Each student will need their own board and deck of cards with the digits 0-9 on them.
I accidentally forgot to put lines on the 6 and 9 so they could be easily distinguished. Don’t worry, I fixed that in the version I’ve uploaded at the bottom of this post!
Each person takes their cards and places them face down in the arrangement of their choosing.
Both players flip over their first number. The player with the higher value wins 1 point.
Next, players flip over their two-digit number. The player with the higher number wins 2 points.
Repeat for the 3 digit number.
And, the four digit number.
Here are some photos of my students in action. Can you tell which student chose to place their numbers at random?!?
Here’s a student manifest game where the cards were not placed randomly.
Free Download of Manifest Game by Frank Tapson
More Games and Activities
- Ghost Game
- Picking Pumpkins Game
- Game of Sim
- Number Contests for the First Day of School
- Circle Tic Tac Toe
- Martinetti Dice Game
- Divisibility Rules Dice Game
- Pi Day Dice Challenge
- Proof! Math Game Review
- Tic-Tac-Toe Squared
- Teaching Students to Play the Train Game
- TIGO Puzzles
- Absolute Zero Card Game Review
- Make a Million Place Value Game
- Traffic Lights Game
- The Game of SET
- Tenzi vs Splitzi Measures of Central Tendency Activity
- Manifest Game by Frank Tapson
- Shape Logic by ThinkFun Game Review
- Brick Logic Game by ThinkFun Review
- Witzzle Bulletin Board
- Count to Ten
- Thirteen Game
- 5 x 5 Game by Sara Van Der Werf
- Game of Greed Statistics Foldable
- Prime Climb Game and an Interesting Problem
- Math Taboo
- Playing Spot It! In The Classroom
- The Game of 24
- Witzzle Pro Math Game
- Greedy Pig Dice Game for Practicing Probability