I was really inspired by this Periodic Table of the Elements Project I saw in a classroom while attending Ed Camp Tulsa.
Periodic Table of the Elements Project
Each student was assigned a different element to research. Their research was summarized on a small rectangle of paper, and the pieces of paper were joined to form the entire periodic table.
I’m not quite sure how to make this into a math project, but I’m thinking about it. Maybe I could have students make posters over different mathematical properties??? Then, they could research one property and present it to the class. The posters could be posted on the wall as a reminder for the remainder of the school year.
I also really liked the simplicity of these element posters.
More Resources for Teaching the Periodic Table
- 12 Fun and Engaging Periodic Table Activities
- How the Periodic Table Really Looks Activity
- Odd One Out Chemistry Activity
- How to Read the Periodic Table Poster
- Element Quiz Generator
- Element Bingo Activity
- How Many Elements Can You Name Quiz
- Periodic Table of Mistakes Dry Erase Activity
- Chemistry Gossip Activity
- Periodic Table License Plate Project
- Chemical Symbol Foldable
- How to Read the Periodic Table Foldable
- Periodic Table War
- Sweet 16 Periodic Table Tournament
- Periodic Table of the Elements Project