I created this properties of logarithms foldable for my Algebra 2 students to glue in their interactive notebooks. Properties of Logs will not be on my students’ EOI exam at the end of the year, but I still wanted to make sure they had exposure to them.
I projected various logarithmic expressions on the board. Students had to decide which property we could use to rewrite the expression. We opened up the appropriate flap of our foldable and recorded the example and our rewrite of the example under the flap.
One of my students decided to “deconstruct” their foldable and create their own interactive notebook page.
Free Download of Properties of Logarithms Foldable
Properties of Logarithms Foldable (PDF) (777 downloads)
Properties of Logarithms Foldable (Editable Publisher File ZIP) (350 downloads)
More Activities for Teaching Logarithms
- Swap Two – A Logarithms Task
- Exponents Chart (Powers of 2 to 9)
- Earthquakes and Explosions – a Logarithms Problem Based Assessment (PBA)
- Amy Gruen’s Exponent Puzzles
- Solving Logarithmic Equations Foldable
- Converting Between Exponential and Logarithmic Form Foldable
- Logarithm Tarsia Puzzle Activity
- The Case of the Cooling Corpse Task
- Change of Base Formula Notes
- Properties of Logarithms Foldable
- Logarithms Foldable
- Logarithm Bingo Activity