I created this forms of linear equations foldable to help my Algebra 1 students learn the name and characteristics of each of the three forms of linear equations.
I modified a simple four-door foldable to have students cut off the first flap in order to reveal the title of our foldable: Forms of Linear Equations. Each flap covers a different form – slope intercept form, point slope form, and standard form.
I love the circles I gave students to show where values should be plugged into each form. Every year, I have students who try to plug in values for x and y in the equation, too.
Free Download of Forms of Linear Equations Foldable
Forms of Linear Equations Foldable (PDF) (1209 downloads)
Forms of Linear Equations Foldable (Editable Publisher File ZIP) (485 downloads)
More Activities for Teaching Forms of Linear Equations
- Forms of Linear Equations Foldable
- Rearranging Equations for y Foldable
- Converting Equations to Slope Intercept Form Notes
- Point-Slope Form Dice Activity
- Different Forms of Linear Functions Foldable
- Linear Foldable y=a+bx
- Flyswatter Review Game for Different Forms of Linear Equations
- Point-Slope Form Foldable
- Standard Form of a Linear Equation Cut and Paste Activity
- Standard Form of a Linear Equation Foldable
- Slope Intercept Form y=mx+b Foldable