I used these linear regression tutorials with my Algebra 2 students several years ago, but I never ended up sharing them here on my blog. I let students choose whether they wanted to use the TI-84 or Desmos to perform their linear regression. Not all of my students have graphing calculators, so I wanted the kids with a calculator the chance to learn how to use their expensive piece of technology. Most students, whether they had a calculator or not, ended up preferring to use Desmos.
The TI-84 linear regression tutorial was modified from a foldable that was created and shared by Shaun Carter. I reformatted it into a handout that my students could hole punch and place in their binder.
I created the Desmos linear regression tutorial myself. When I shared a picture of these linear regression tutorials on twitter, someone helpfully showed me a cool Desmos feature that I didn’t know about – zoom stat.
This is why I love interacting with the math teacher community on twitter. There is so much to learn and share!
Free Download of Linear Regression Tutorials
Linear Regression Tutorials (PDF) (1011 downloads)
Linear Regression Tutorials (Editable Publisher File ZIP) (398 downloads)
More Activities for Teaching Regression
- Linear Regression Tutorials
- Candy Grab Lab for Linear Regression
- Tongue Twister Linear Regression Activity
- Speedy Squares Activity for Quadratic Regression
- Starburst Scatterplot Activity
- Hula Hoop Scatterplot Activity
- Twizzlers Linear Regression Lab Activity
- Bouncing Tennis Balls Linear Regression Lab
- Linear Regression Activity with the True Colors Personality Test
- Fun and Hands-On Linear Regression Activities