I used these linear regression tutorials with my Algebra 2 students several years ago, but I never ended up sharing them here on my blog. I let students choose whether they wanted to use the TI-84 or Desmos to perform their linear regression. Not all of my students have graphing calculators, so I wanted the kids with a calculator the chance to learn how to use their expensive piece of technology. Most students, whether they had a calculator or not, ended up preferring to use Desmos.
The TI-84 linear regression tutorial was modified from a foldable that was created and shared by Shaun Carter. I reformatted it into a handout that my students could hole punch and place in their binder.
I created the Desmos linear regression tutorial myself. When I shared a picture of these linear regression tutorials on twitter, someone helpfully showed me a cool Desmos feature that I didn’t know about – zoom stat.
This is why I love interacting with the math teacher community on twitter. There is so much to learn and share!
Free Download of Linear Regression Tutorials
More Activities for Teaching Regression
- Linear Regression Tutorials
- Candy Grab Lab for Linear Regression
- Tongue Twister Linear Regression Activity
- Speedy Squares Activity for Quadratic Regression
- Starburst Scatterplot Activity
- Hula Hoop Scatterplot Activity
- Twizzlers Linear Regression Lab Activity
- Bouncing Tennis Balls Linear Regression Lab
- Linear Regression Activity with the True Colors Personality Test
- Fun and Hands-On Linear Regression Activities