I created this graphing ordered pairs graphic organizer to review the coordinate plane with my algebra students. I actually ended up using it with both my Algebra 1 and my Algebra 2 students.
In the future, I would like to make this into a booklet foldable and put practice problems inside. I would ask students to label ordered pairs and to draw and label ordered pairs that meet certain requirements.
Free Download of Graphing Ordered Pairs Graphic Organizer
Graphing Ordered Pairs Graphic Organizer (PDF) (1899 downloads)
Graphing Ordered Pairs Graphic Organizer (Editable Publisher File ZIP) (974 downloads)
More Resources for Teaching the Coordinate Plane
- Winter Mystery Tangram Puzzle
- Christmas Mystery Tangram Puzzle
- Thanksgiving Mystery Tangram Puzzle
- Halloween Mystery Tangram Puzzle
- 8 Fun & Engaging Coordinate Plane Activities
- Parts of the Coordinate Plane Graphic Organizer
- Parts of the Coordinate Plane Magnets
- Graphing Ordered Pairs Graphic Organizer
- Kangaroo Coordinate Picture
- Coordinate Plane Fly Swatter Game
- DIY Shower Curtain Coordinate Plane
- Fly Activity for Graphing Ordered Pairs
- Parts of the Coordinate Plane Foldable
- Coordinate Plane Foldable
Thursday 7th of November 2019
The kids absolutely LOVED this!!! I had so much interaction once they got over the "we're coloring? We're in HIGH SCHOOL" thing. One thing I might add is the positive/negative signs for each quadrant. I didn't think of that but a student mentioned it and I was like, oh yeah! Great job! Also arrows on the print-out; that's something we push in Algebra I. Thank you SO MUCH for the resources! Class was so much more relaxed and fun as students tried to make the kangaroo. Even the students who are usually doing work on computers (remedial) wanted to give it a try! That's always an awesome feeling. Thanks again!!!
Tuesday 5th of November 2019
Using this tomorrow! The kids get so excited to do "kid stuff" like foldable activities and fun worksheets.