It’s perfect for those awkward five minutes when you get through your lesson plan way faster than you expected. Kids LOVED it, but every time we did it I would feel like the activity could run more smoothly.
I loved the activity so much it made an appearance in my 30+ Ideas for the First Week of School post.
I’ll let Julie explain the Make a Million Math Game!
This summer, I decided that I would make a dry erase template for my students to use as we played. Drawing the 12 boxes to place numbers in always took my students FOREVER.
My students’ work was just a little too messy for my liking.
Plus, some kids would want to redraw the boxes EVERY SINGLE TIME.
Here’s the template I came up with:
I printed off a class set and slid them into our dry erase pockets.
We tried them out Wednesday in both Algebra 1 and Math Concepts. This activity went smoother than it ever has before. And, I give the credit to the template.
We were able to start playing right away! My kids were super competitive, and I gave a tootsie roll to the student whose sum was closest to one million each turn.
Free Download of Dry Erase Template for Make a Million Math Game
More Fun Activities for the First Week of School
- Left Center Right Dice Game
- First Day of School Activities 2021
- 30+ First Week of School Activities
- Let’s Make Squares Activity
- Getting to Know You Dice Activity
- Master Designer
- Save Fred Activity for the First Week of School
- Ink Stain Matching Activity
- Make Six Puzzle – Number Challenge
- Lonesome Llama Activity
- Survival in the Desert Groupwork Task
- Two Buckets Puzzle
- 20 x 9 Challenge
- Teaching Students to Play the Train Game
- 1-4-5 Square Challenge
- Twelve Envelopes Puzzle