I want to highlight this one variable inequalities square puzzle shared by Public Schools of North Carolina in their Resources for Algebra Blackline Masters collection (page 1 of PDF). The file no longer exists online, but an archived version still exists due to the Internet Archive.
These square puzzles are often known as “Tarsia puzzles.” Make sure you cut the pieces apart BEFORE giving them to your students to reassemble since it appears that this puzzle is already in its solved form.
More Activities for Teaching One Variable Inequalities
- Solving Equations/Inequalities with Variables on Both Sides Graphic Organizers
- Compound Inequalities Graphic Organizers
- Solving Equations/Inequalities with Variables On One Side Graphic Organizers
- Inequalities Investigation
- Graphing Solutions on a Number Line Speed Dating Activity
- One Variable Inequalities Card Sort Activity
- Compound Inequalities Foldable
- Reviewing One Variable Inequalities
- One Variable Inequalities Square Puzzle Activity
- Graphing Inequalities Foldable
- Inequalities Foldables