I created these graphic organizers to give my Algebra 1 students some structured practice solving equations/inequalities with variables on both sides of the equal sign.
We started out by gluing in a set of steps to our interactive notebooks.
I created six practice problems for my students to work through together.
This year I am making a huge emphasis on translating between words and algebra, so I gave my students all of the equations/inequalities in word form.
Here’s a close-up of the six problems.
Free Download of Solving Equations/Inequalities with Variables on Both Sides Graphic Organizers
More Resources for Teaching Solving Equations
- Dry Erase Template for Solving Equations Graphically
- Balancing Act Puzzles
- Roots Solutions Zeros X-Intercepts Posters
- Graphing Solutions on a Number Line Speed Dating Activity
- Solving Equations Using Inverse Operations Foldable
- Expression Equation Inequality Foldable
- Using Equations to Solve Word Problems Foldable
- 3 Essential Rules of Math for Solving Equations
- Using Scales to Model Solving Equations with Variables on Both Sides
- DO UNDO Method for Solving Equations Foldable
- Inverse Operations Graphic Organizer
- Solving Equations Flowchart Foldable
- Five Easy Pieces Activity
- Solving Equations Auction Review Game
- Basketball Game for Solving Two Step Equations
- Flow Chart for Solving Multi-Step Equations
- Snowball Fight – Solving Equations Activity
- Solving One Step Equations Foldable