I gave my students a prime factorization practice booklet which gave them a chance to try out both methods we learned for prime factorization – the factor tree method and the birthday cake method.
After giving students a bit of time to work each problem, a student volunteer came to the SMARTBoard to present a solution. We alternated methods with each solution presentation.
My students were SHOCKED to find out that they always got the same prime factorization even though they took many different paths to get there!
Free Download of Prime Factorization Practice Booklet
More Activities for Teaching Prime Factorization
- Free Printable Factors Chart 1-100
- Prime Numbers Chart
- Factors Race Activity
- Prime Factorization Foldable
- Prime Factorization Graphic Organizer
- Factor Tree Puzzles Inspired by Dr. Harold Reiter
- Prime Numbers Below 100 Chart
- Prime Factorization Practice Booklet
- Prime Numbers Poster
- Prime and Composite Numbers Chart
- Prime Factorization using the Birthday Cake Method