I created this reference angles foldable for my trigonometry students to glue in their interactive notebooks.
On the inside of this booklet foldable, I had students sketch the angles (given in both degrees and radians!) and find the reference angle. I am happy to report that my students did not ask to convert the radians to degrees!!! I wrote more about my approach to teaching students to sketch angles in radians here.
Once your students understand the concept of a reference angle, give them some practice with my Trig Reference Angles Activity called Odd One Out.
Free Download of Reference Angles Foldable
More Activities for Teaching Trigonometry
- Paper Plate Angle Spinners for Trigonometry
- Trig Reference Angles Activity: Odd One Out
- Evaluating Trig Functions Tarsia Puzzle
- 27 Hands-On Trigonometry Activities
- 5 Free Printable Trigonometry Posters
- Unit Circle Bingo Game
- Quadrants Unlocked Activity
- Printable Radian Sectors
- Trigonometry Calculator Skills Pop Quiz
- Odd One Out Coterminal Angles Activity
- Deriving the Unit Circle Foldable
- Trigonometry Puzzle