One of my absolute favorite concepts in the world to teach is slope. I don’t know what it is about slope, but I have an absolute blast convincing students that slope doesn’t have to be scary. Plus, it involves introducing them to Slope Dude. And, in my book, any lesson that makes the slightest mention of Slope Dude is a winner.
Hello, I am the person who has WWSDS What Would Slope Dude Say Posters hanging in her classroom.
I guess I should warn you about side effects of hanging these posters in your classroom, though. I hung them up part way through our slope unit in Algebra 1 without comment. I just waited for students to notice them. They did.
They also started hypothesizing the meaning behind the letters. In fact, all of my classes noticed them. And, it was just too tempting for them to not try to guess what they must stand for.
The letters were just beckoning to them to figure their meaning out. It makes me wish I could figure out more ways to harness my students’ curiosity like this.
My first period class decided they must mean “What Would Satan Do Seriously?” This led to numerous (very untrue!) rumors about my being a worshiper of Satan. Yeah…
Free Download of WWSDS What Would Slope Dude Say Posters
Want more posters? Check out my posters page!
More Activities for Teaching Slope
- Average Rate of Change Self-Checking Question Stack Activity
- Finding Rate of Change from a Graph Hole Punch Activity
- Slope Treasure Hunt Activity
- Calculating Slope and Intercepts Foldable
- Finding Slope Foldable
- Four Types of Slope Graphic Organizer
- Rate of Change Interpreting Graphs Practice
- Rate of Change Graphic Organizer and Practice Problems
- Finding Slope and Intercepts Foldable
- Interpreting Slope and Intercepts Foldable
- Calculating Rate of Change from a Graph Practice Book
- Crow and the Pitcher Activity for Introducing Rate of Change
- Calculating Rate of Change from a Table or Set of Points Practice Book
- The Adventures of Slope Dude Posters
- Slope Dude Says
- Finding Slope from a Table or Set of Points Notes
- Slope Concept Map
- Finding Slope from a Graph Graphic Organizer
- Interpreting Slope from a Graph or Table Practice Book
- WWSDS What Would Slope Dude Say Posters
- Slope Art Assignment
- Four Types of Slope Foldable
- Four Cars Task for Introducing Rate of Change
- Slope and Intercept Practice Poof Book
- Four Types of Slope Name Art Activity
- Rate of Change Graphic Organizer
- Rise Over Run Reminders
- Slope Between Two Points – Around the Room Practice Activity
- Four Types of Slope Pictures
- Slope Foldable
- Slope Tree Method for Teaching 4 Types of Slope