I used this classifying sequences task from Mathspad (subscription required) as a quick review of the different types of sequences with my Algebra 1 students before our quiz.
In this activity, students must classify each sequence as arithmetic, geometric, or Fibonacci and find the next two numbers in the sequence. We glued the half-sheet in our interactive notebooks.
More Activities for Teaching Sequences and Series
- The Splice is Right Puzzle
- Step Puzzles by Naoki Inaba – A Logic Puzzle for Introducing Arithmetic Sequences
- Classifying Sequences Task from Mathspad
- Classifying Sequences Activity – Arithmetic, Geometric, or Neither?
- Types of Sequences Graphic Organizer
- Graphing Geometric Sequences Foldable
- Geometric Sequences Practice Sheet
- Geometric Sequences Formula Graphic Organizer
- Arithmetic Sequences Practice Sheet
- DINO Method for Finding the nth Term of an Arithmetic Sequence
- Finding the Rule for an Arithmetic Sequence by Graphing Foldable
- Arithmetic Geometric or Neither Color Coding Activity
- Arithmetic, Geometric, or Neither Foldable
- Sequences and Series Foldables