In chemistry, we did a density challenge this week. Students had to calculate the maximum amount of sand that could be placed in a film canister so that it still floated. We tested our canisters today, and every canister floated!
I ordered a set of 24 film canisters from Amazon especially for this lab. The lids were a bit hard to get on/off, but they worked perfectly for this activity.
More Activities for Teaching Matter and Change
- Physical vs Chemical Changes Story
- Extensive vs Intensive Properties Color Coding Activity
- Homogeneous vs Heterogeneous Color Coding Activity
- Physical Changes vs Chemical Changes Venn Diagram
- Film Canister Density Challenge
- Substances vs Mixtures Sorting Activity
- States of Matter Foldable
- Matter vs Not Matter Card Sort Activity