I created this physical changes vs chemical changes venn diagram for my chemistry students to glue in their chemistry interactive notebooks.
I need to share you one warning about this venn diagram that caused my chemistry students a lot of issues. See how the image above shows chemical change on the left and physical change on the right?
My original file is backwards with physical change on the left and chemical change on the right. You can orient the venn diagram either way and it will still read properly.
We ran into issues because some of my students did not realize that their venn diagram was oriented backwards from mine while we were filling it out. This left them with the text in the wrong places!
Free Download of Physical Changes vs Chemical Changes Venn Diagram Template
Other Chemistry Activities and Resources
- Chemistry Frayer Model
- Chemistry Black Box Activity
- Branches of Chemistry Foldable
- What is Chemistry? Mind Mapping Activity
- Chemistry Gossip Activity
- How to Read the Periodic Table Poster
- Covalent Compounds Bulletin Board
- How Big is the Nucleus of an Atom? Activity
- Metric Prefix Flashcards and Quiz
- Element Quiz Generator
- Element Bingo
- Chromatography Butterflies Bulletin Board
More Activities for Teaching Matter and Change
- Physical vs Chemical Changes Story
- Extensive vs Intensive Properties Color Coding Activity
- Homogeneous vs Heterogeneous Color Coding Activity
- Physical Changes vs Chemical Changes Venn Diagram
- Film Canister Density Challenge
- Substances vs Mixtures Sorting Activity
- States of Matter Foldable
- Matter vs Not Matter Card Sort Activity