Short and sweet post today to let you know about an awesome chemistry gossip activity I found for FREE on TpT. I gave it to my physical science students as a “let’s get back in work mode since we haven’t seen each other for five days as a result of fall break” activity. It only took five to seven minutes, and it had the whole room laughing and groaning. Plus, any activity that helps them get more familiar with their periodic tables is a win in my book! We’re doing electron dot diagrams at the moment, and they have declared that the hardest part of the entire process is finding the element on the periodic table!
The activity I found on TpT is called “Chemistry Gossip” by Learning Is Not Quiet.
Try to read these and not laugh. I dare you!
This activity is a definite keeper, and I plan to use it any time I teach physical science in the future. Want to know another reason I’m blogging about this activity? So I can find it easily in the future! I can’t tell you how many times I have to search my blog to remember how I did something in the past. It makes me wonder how teachers who don’t blog can keep up with everything they have done. The answer to that question is they are probably WAY more organized than yours truly!
More Resources for Teaching the Periodic Table
- Periodic Table Activities Collection
- How the Periodic Table Really Looks Activity
- Odd One Out Chemistry Activity
- How to Read the Periodic Table Poster
- Element Quiz Generator
- Element Bingo Activity
- How Many Elements Can You Name Quiz
- Periodic Table of Mistakes Dry Erase Activity
- Chemistry Gossip Activity
- Periodic Table License Plate Project
- Chemical Symbol Foldable
- How to Read the Periodic Table Foldable
- Periodic Table War
- Sweet 16 Periodic Table Tournament
- Periodic Table of the Elements Project