Several years ago, a summer workshop I was part of was centered around learning to write problem based assessments for math class. The group I was in was tasked with writing an Algebra 2 level PBA. My group chose to write our assessment over logarithms.
Here’s the Logarithms Problem Based Assessment that my group came up with. We were inspired to make our assessment earthquake themed because Oklahoma had recently been experiencing a great uptick in earthquakes.
Download – Logarithms Problem Based Assessment
More Activities for Teaching Logarithms
- Swap Two – A Logarithms Task
- Exponents Chart (Powers of 2 to 9)
- Earthquakes and Explosions – a Logarithms Problem Based Assessment (PBA)
- Amy Gruen’s Exponent Puzzles
- Solving Logarithmic Equations Foldable
- Converting Between Exponential and Logarithmic Form Foldable
- Logarithm Tarsia Puzzle Activity
- The Case of the Cooling Corpse Task
- Change of Base Formula Notes
- Properties of Logarithms Foldable
- Logarithms Foldable
- Logarithm Bingo Activity