I decided to create a two variable inequalities card sort activity to introduce the topic to students before we even took notes over the topic.
My students actually ended up completing two card sorts.
I like to place students in pairs and have them start by solving a one variable inequalities card sort activity to help jog their memories and get them talking.
Then, we move on to this two variable inequalities card sort.
You will notice that I picked VERY similar equations/inequalities to make students focus on the differences between graphing equations and greater than vs less than inequalities and greater than or equal to and less than or equal to inequalities.
Free Download of Two Variable Inequalities Card Sort Activity
- Graphing Inequalities Dry Erase Work Mat
- Systems of Inequalities Foldable
- Writing Inequalities Given a Graph Foldable
- Graphing Linear Inequalities Foldable
- Recognizing Inequalities from Graphs Speed Dating Activity
- One Variable Inequalities Card Sort Activity
- Two Variable Inequalities Card Sort Activity
- Compound Inequalities Foldable
- One Variable Inequalities Square Puzzle
- Graphing One Variable Inequalities Foldable
- Graphing Linear Inequalities Graphic Organizer
- Inequalities Foldables