I created this 5 W’s and H Foldable for my Stats class to glue in their statistics interactive notebooks (INBs).
The 5 W’s are a key part of how Bock, Velleman, and De Veaux introduce statistics in Stats Modeling the World. I was inspired to create this 5 W’s and H foldable after seeing one that @druinok created.
The outside of the foldable lists the 5 W’s and H: Who? What? When/Where? Why? How? By Whom? When students are presented with statistical information, it is important that they ask themselves these 6 questions.
On the inside of the foldable, we wrote more about why each question is important to ask.
I also created a booklet foldable to give my students some practice asking themselves the 5 w’s and h questions. These questions were taken from Stats: Modeling the World.
Free Download of 5 W’s and H Foldable
Free Download of 5 W’s Practice
More Activities for Teaching Statistics
- 53 Fun and Interesting Statistics Activities
- 11 Hands-On Scatter Plot Activities
- Tenzi Data Collection Activity for Comparing Data Sets
- Mean Median Mode & Range Challenge Activity
- Dot Plot of the Day Activity
- Emergency Rooms Card Sort Activity for Categorical and Quantitative Variables
- Categorical vs Quantitative Variables Hold-Up Cards Activity
- Design Your Own Dot Plot Magnets Activity
- How Many States Have You Visited Map
- Linear Regression Tutorials
- Candy Grab Lab for Linear Regression
- Guess the Correlation Coefficient Blooket Game