Recently, my statistics class was working on a paper airplane lab. My principal’s wife (who runs our library) walked down the hall while we were carrying our experiment on the effect the wingspan of a paper airplane has on distance traveled.
She didn’t say anything, but I can only imagine the conversation that probably ensued between her and her husband regarding my unique teaching methods…
I try not to post pictures of my actual students. But, I think this one turned out blurry enough that I’m safe!
It’s hard to see, but we definitely had some unexpected results with Airplane #4.
More Activities for Teaching Statistics
- 53 Fun and Interesting Statistics Activities
- Mean Median Mode & Range Challenge Activity
- Linear Regression Tutorials
- Dry Erase Workmat for Finding Five Number Summary, IQR, and Outliers
- Tenzi vs Splitzi Measures of Central Tendency Activity
- Measures of Central Tendency Graphic Organizers
- Statistics Interactive Notebook Pages 2015-2016
- Statistics Survey Project
- Best Line of Best Fit Contest
- Let’s Make a Graph Activity
- Hiring Discrimination Simulation for Statistics
- Game of Greed Statistics Foldable