We created this interactive notebook page for solving quadratics by graphing using the TI-Nspire. We glued this in our INBs after our Frayer Model for the phrase “Solve A Quadratic Equation.”
This year, I am using the TI-Nspire graphing calculators with my Algebra 2 students. As someone who was trained to use a TI-84 in high school and a TI-89 in college, this has been a big change for me.
But, I’ve learned to love the Nspire. I have yet to decide which calculator I will use with my students next year as we transition to Common Core, however.
I typed up these steps for my students to glue in their notebooks in case they forgot the process to find the solutions graphically. We did four problems together as practice.
Free Download of Interactive Notebook Page for Solving Quadratics by Graphing with the TI-Nspire
More Resources for Teaching Quadratics
- Factoring Activities
- Speedy Squares Activity for Quadratic Regression
- X Puzzles Factoring Review Game
- Quadratic Area Puzzles
- Factoring Puzzle for Quadratic Trinomials
- Shared Factors – A Quadratics Puzzle
- Factoring Quadratics Practice Activity (When a = 1)
- If the IRS had discovered the quadratic formula…
- Area Model Puzzles from Christie Bradshaw
- ZERO Game to Introduce Factoring Quadratics
- Vertex Form of a Quadratic Card Sort Activity
- Factoring Quadratics Foldable