Just a quick post today to share a How Many Elements Can You Name Quiz I recently wrote for my chemistry class. It’s a quiz to see how many of the elements they already know before we delve into our study of the periodic table.
I don’t expect my students to be able to name all 118 elements. Hello, I can’t even do that myself! But, I do want to emphasize to my students that there are 118 elements. The numbers are there only for students to keep track of how many they can remember. They do not need to know the atomic number for each element and place it correctly. Though, maybe the quiz could be used for this later in the year???
Free Download of How Many Elements Can You Name Quiz
How Many Elements Can You Name Quiz (PDF) (384 downloads)
How Many Elements Can You Name Quiz (Editable Publisher File ZIP) (310 downloads)
More Resources for Teaching the Periodic Table
- 12 Fun and Engaging Periodic Table Activities
- How the Periodic Table Really Looks Activity
- Odd One Out Chemistry Activity
- How to Read the Periodic Table Poster
- Element Quiz Generator
- Element Bingo Activity
- How Many Elements Can You Name Quiz
- Periodic Table of Mistakes Dry Erase Activity
- Chemistry Gossip Activity
- Periodic Table License Plate Project
- Chemical Symbol Foldable
- How to Read the Periodic Table Foldable
- Periodic Table War
- Sweet 16 Periodic Table Tournament
- Periodic Table of the Elements Project
Friday 22nd of September 2017
There are lots of helpful quizzes for learning the elements and their position on the periodic table on Sporcle. https://www.sporcle.com If you create an account, you can keep track of your progress but you can also play forever without signing up.