I created this odd one out chemistry activity to give my students practice determining how the placement of an element on the periodic table tells us about how an element will likely behave.
For this activity, students were given three elements to locate on the periodic table. Based on these locations, they had to determine which element is least like the others. We glued the results in our chemistry interactive notebooks.
I vaguely remember thinking after I did this activity that one of the answers on my answer key was incorrect, but I can’t remember now which one it was. Sorry! This is what happens when I blog in 2021 about an activity I did back in the 2017-2018 school year.
Free Download of Odd One Out Chemistry Activity
Please check out my other chemistry resources for more free downloads.
More Resources for Teaching the Periodic Table
- Periodic Table Activities Collection
- How the Periodic Table Really Looks Activity
- Odd One Out Chemistry Activity
- How to Read the Periodic Table Poster
- Element Quiz Generator
- Element Bingo Activity
- How Many Elements Can You Name Quiz
- Periodic Table of Mistakes Dry Erase Activity
- Chemistry Gossip Activity
- Periodic Table License Plate Project
- Chemical Symbol Foldable
- How to Read the Periodic Table Foldable
- Periodic Table War
- Sweet 16 Periodic Table Tournament
- Periodic Table of the Elements Project