I created this factoring quadratics foldable for my Algebra 1 students to glue in their interactive notebooks.
I had to make a lot of compromises with this topic that made me sad. But, I just didn’t have the time I usually have for this topic.
This was mainly due to losing a large amount of class time due to the Oklahoma teacher walk-out.
Oklahoma standards only require Algebra 1 students to factor quadratics with a leading coefficient of 1. Usually, I go above and beyond the standards and have students factor quadratics with other leading coefficients.
This means that students really need to use the box method.
This year, I only did what the standards required due to time constraints. This meant that students didn’t really see the benefit of using the box method/grid method to factor quadratics.
I personally think it’s a mistake to set up the standards this way, but I’m not the one in charge.
If you are looking for additional factoring practice, I recommend checking out this Factoring Puzzle.
More Activities for Teaching Polynomials
- X Puzzles Factoring Review Game
- Quadratic Area Puzzles
- Shared Factors – A Quadratics Puzzle
- Naming Polynomials Poster
- Naming Polynomials Speed Dating Activity
- Dividing Polynomials Using the Box Method Puzzles
- Area Model Puzzles from Christie Bradshaw
- Adding and Subtracting Polynomials Graphic Organizer
- Writing Polynomials in Standard Form Foldable
- Factoring Quadratics Foldable
- Multiplying Polynomials Foldable
- Naming Polynomials Practice Sheet
- Polynomial or Not Color Coding Activity
- Polynomial Frayer Model Template
- Roots Solutions Zeros X-Intercepts Posters
- Multiplying Polynomials Egg Hunt Activity
- Human Polynomials Activity
- Introducing Algebra Tiles to Students
- Building and Naming Polynomials Activity
- Factoring Trinomials with GCFs Question Stack Activity
- Factoring Polynomials Using the Box Method Directions
- Looking for Patterns in Factoring Quadratics
- Factoring Quadratics Question Stack Activity
- Dividing Polynomials Using the Box Method Activity
- Dividing Polynomials Using the Box Method Foldable
- Multiplying Polynomials Using the Box Method Foldable
- Adding and Subtracting Polynomials Notes
- Parts of a Polynomial Practice Book
- Standard Form of a Polynomial Interactive Notebook Page
- Factoring out the GCF of a Polynomial Foldable
- Factoring vs Distributing Card Sort Activity
- Factoring Quadratics Using the Box Method Foldable
- Naming Polynomials Graphic Organizer
- Factoring Quadratics Graphic Organizers
- Adding and Subtracting Polynomials Activity