I created this factoring quadratics foldable for my Algebra 1 students to glue in their interactive notebooks.
I had to make a lot of compromises with this topic that made me sad. But, I just didn’t have the time I usually have for this topic.
This was mainly due to losing a large amount of class time due to the Oklahoma teacher walk-out.
Oklahoma standards only require Algebra 1 students to factor quadratics with a leading coefficient of 1. Usually, I go above and beyond the standards and have students factor quadratics with other leading coefficients.
This means that students really need to use the box method.
This year, I only did what the standards required due to time constraints. This meant that students didn’t really see the benefit of using the box method/grid method to factor quadratics.
I personally think it’s a mistake to set up the standards this way, but I’m not the one in charge.
If you are looking for additional factoring practice, I recommend checking out this Factoring Puzzle.
Free Download of Factoring Quadratics Foldable
Factoring Quadratics Foldable 1718 (PDF) (1060 downloads)
Factoring Quadratics Foldable 1718 (Editable Publisher File ZIP) (382 downloads)
More Activities for Teaching Polynomials
- X Puzzles Review Game
- Quadratic Area Puzzles
- Shared Factors – A Quadratics Puzzle
- Naming Polynomials Poster
- Naming Polynomials Speed Dating Activity
- Dividing Polynomials Using the Box Method Puzzles
- Area Model Puzzles from Christie Bradshaw
- Adding and Subtracting Polynomials Graphic Organizer
- Writing Polynomials in Standard Form Foldable
- Factoring Quadratics Foldable
- Multiplying Polynomials Foldable
- Naming Polynomials Practice Sheet
- Polynomial or Not Color Coding Activity
- Polynomial Frayer Model Template
- Roots Solutions Zeros X-Intercepts Posters
- Multiplying Polynomials Egg Hunt Activity
- Human Polynomials Activity
- Introducing Algebra Tiles to Students
- Building and Naming Polynomials Activity
- Factoring Trinomials with GCFs Question Stack Activity
- Factoring Polynomials Using the Box Method Directions
- Looking for Patterns in Factoring Quadratics
- Factoring Quadratics Question Stack Activity
- Dividing Polynomials Using the Box Method Activity
- Dividing Polynomials Using the Box Method Foldable
- Multiplying Polynomials Using the Box Method Foldable
- Adding and Subtracting Polynomials Notes
- Parts of a Polynomial Practice Book
- Standard Form of a Polynomial Interactive Notebook Page
- Factoring out the GCF of a Polynomial Foldable
- Factoring vs Distributing Card Sort Activity
- Factoring Quadratics Using the Box Method Foldable
- Naming Polynomials Graphic Organizer
- Factoring Quadratics Graphic Organizers
- Adding and Subtracting Polynomials Activity