This year I created a new writing polynomials in standard form graphic organizer and foldable for my Algebra 1 students to glue in their interactive notebooks.
Then, we practiced taking polynomial expressions and writing them in standard form.
I was a bit overambitious about how many examples we were going to get through. We ended up crossing out the last three example boxes.
Free Download of Writing Polynomials in Standard Form Foldable
Polynomials Standard Form Graphic Organizer (PDF) (816 downloads)
Polynomials Standard Form Graphic Organizer (Editable Publisher File ZIP) (480 downloads)
Polynomial Standard Form Blank Example Foldable (PDF) (672 downloads)
Polynomial Standard Form Blank Example Foldable (Editable Publisher File ZIP) (396 downloads)
More Activities for Teaching Polynomials
- X Puzzles Review Game
- Quadratic Area Puzzles
- Shared Factors – A Quadratics Puzzle
- Naming Polynomials Poster
- Naming Polynomials Speed Dating Activity
- Dividing Polynomials Using the Box Method Puzzles
- Area Model Puzzles from Christie Bradshaw
- Adding and Subtracting Polynomials Graphic Organizer
- Writing Polynomials in Standard Form Foldable
- Factoring Quadratics Foldable
- Multiplying Polynomials Foldable
- Naming Polynomials Practice Sheet
- Polynomial or Not Color Coding Activity
- Polynomial Frayer Model Template
- Roots Solutions Zeros X-Intercepts Posters
- Multiplying Polynomials Egg Hunt Activity
- Human Polynomials Activity
- Introducing Algebra Tiles to Students
- Building and Naming Polynomials Activity
- Factoring Trinomials with GCFs Question Stack Activity
- Factoring Polynomials Using the Box Method Directions
- Looking for Patterns in Factoring Quadratics
- Factoring Quadratics Question Stack Activity
- Dividing Polynomials Using the Box Method Activity
- Dividing Polynomials Using the Box Method Foldable
- Multiplying Polynomials Using the Box Method Foldable
- Adding and Subtracting Polynomials Notes
- Parts of a Polynomial Practice Book
- Standard Form of a Polynomial Interactive Notebook Page
- Factoring out the GCF of a Polynomial Foldable
- Factoring vs Distributing Card Sort Activity
- Factoring Quadratics Using the Box Method Foldable
- Naming Polynomials Graphic Organizer
- Factoring Quadratics Graphic Organizers
- Adding and Subtracting Polynomials Activity
Tuesday 6th of November 2018
Do you have a template for the standards based grading? I am using SBG in my classes and was thinking about having one of these for each unit. Thanks!
Saturday 4th of August 2018
These are great. I've used your "naming" pages for a few years and my students have loved them. I too would love copies of these. Have you checked out the Polynomial Puzzlers on NCTM Illuminations? Good activity for this unit.
Friday 3rd of August 2018
Would you consider posting INB pages for all units? Your pages are awesome and l love how your notebook is set up but I wish I could see more of how it's organized and the pages for other units. Your stuff is amazing!
Wednesday 1st of August 2018
Can you post a link to the unit divider? I really like the top ten list!