Here is the interactive notebook page I created for my Algebra 2 students over solving quadratics by factoring. I typed up the Zero-Product Property for students to cut out and glue in their notebooks.
In the future, I’d probably type up the steps as well to save time. I might make them fill in the blank or something similar…
My 2015 notes for this topic looked very similar.
I used these same two equations in my notes for solving quadratics by graphing to make the connection between the two methods.
Free Download of Zero Product Property
More Resources for Teaching Quadratics
- Factoring Activities
- Speedy Squares Activity for Quadratic Regression
- X Puzzles Factoring Review Game
- Quadratic Area Puzzles
- Factoring Puzzle for Quadratic Trinomials
- Shared Factors – A Quadratics Puzzle
- Factoring Quadratics Practice Activity (When a = 1)
- If the IRS had discovered the quadratic formula…
- Area Model Puzzles from Christie Bradshaw
- ZERO Game to Introduce Factoring Quadratics
- Vertex Form of a Quadratic Card Sort Activity
- Factoring Quadratics Foldable