Earlier this year, I blogged about using the Acrobats Grandmas and Ivan task from Marilyn Burns to kick-off systems of equations. Someone asked if I could share some student responses, so I took a bunch of photos. Then, I kinda forgot about the photos and even forgot about who asked for the photos. Oops..
Anywho, if you’re the type of person interested in analyzing student work, this is the post for you. If not, you might want to skip this post and come back tomorrow for something different. I was pleasantly surprised with the variety of approaches that my students ended up taking.
Student Work for Acrobats Grandmas and Ivan Task
More Resources for Teaching Systems of Equations and Inequalities
- Balancing Act Puzzles
- All Tied Up In Knots Systems of Equations Exploration Activity
- Solving Systems by Graphing Foldable
- Solving Systems by Elimination Graphic Organizer
- Solving Systems by Substitution Graphic Organizer
- Acrobats Grandmas and Ivan Systems of Equations Task
- Blank Graphic Organizers for Solving Systems of Equations Algebrically
- Writing Systems of Equations Foldable
- How Tall is Harold? Systems of Quadratics Task
- Systems of Equations Foldable