This post contains resources mentioned in the Engaging Students with Hands-On Data Collection Activities presented at the Oklahoma Council of Teachers of Mathematics 2022 Summer Conference.
Slides and additional information will be added to this post following the presentation.
- Tenzi vs Splitzi Measures of Central Tendency Activity
- More Tenzi Teaching Resources to Come!
Starburst Scatterplots – Linear Regression
- Starburst Scatterplot Activity (with hand-drawn line of best fit)
- Candy Grab Lab (using TI-84 or Desmos to perform linear regression)
- Linear Regression Tutorials for TI-84 and Desmos
Speedy Squares – Quadratic Regression
- Speedy Squares from Mary Bourassa
No Fives – Exponential Regression
- Large Straw Rocket Launcher from Pitsco
- Mini Straw Rocket Launcher from Pitsco
- Straw Rocket Teachers Guide
- Straw Rocket Elementary STEM Guide
- The $10 Rocket Launcher
- Blog Post Hopefully Coming Soon!
More Data Collection Ideas