I created this inverse operations graphic organizer for my Algebra 1 students to glue in their interactive notebooks at the beginning of our unit on solving equations.
The notes at the bottom were my attempt at helping my students who were having trouble determining if a number was being added, subtracted, or multiplied in an equation. I don’t know if it helped or not.
Updated Version of Inverse Operations Graphic Organizer
In 2017, I created an updated version of this inverse operations graphic organizer.
Free Download of Inverse Operations Graphic Organizer
More Resources for Teaching Solving Equations
- Dry Erase Template for Solving Equations Graphically
- Balancing Act Puzzles
- Roots Solutions Zeros X-Intercepts Posters
- Graphing Solutions on a Number Line Speed Dating Activity
- Solving Equations Using Inverse Operations Foldable
- Expression Equation Inequality Foldable
- Using Equations to Solve Word Problems Foldable
- 3 Essential Rules of Math for Solving Equations
- Using Scales to Model Solving Equations with Variables on Both Sides
- DO UNDO Method for Solving Equations Foldable
- Inverse Operations Graphic Organizer
- Solving Equations Flowchart Foldable
- Five Easy Pieces Activity
- Solving Equations Auction Review Game
- Basketball Game for Solving Two Step Equations
- Flow Chart for Solving Multi-Step Equations
- Snowball Fight – Solving Equations Activity
- Solving One Step Equations Foldable