I created this inverse operations graphic organizer for my Algebra 1 students to glue in their interactive notebooks at the beginning of our unit on solving equations.
The notes at the bottom were my attempt at helping my students who were having trouble determining if a number was being added, subtracted, or multiplied in an equation. I don’t know if it helped or not.
Updated Version of Inverse Operations Graphic Organizer
In 2017, I created an updated version of this inverse operations graphic organizer.
Free Download of Inverse Operations Graphic Organizer
Inverse Operations Graphic Organizer (PDF) (1088 downloads)
Inverse Operations Graphic Organizer (Editable Publisher File ZIP) (416 downloads)
Inverse Operations Graphic Organizer 1718 (PDF) (571 downloads)
Inverse Operations Graphic Organizer 1718 (Editable Publisher File ZIP) (294 downloads)
More Resources for Teaching Solving Equations
- Dry Erase Template for Solving Equations Graphically
- Balancing Act Puzzles
- Roots Solutions Zeros X-Intercepts Posters
- Graphing Solutions on a Number Line Speed Dating Activity
- Solving Equations Using Inverse Operations Foldable
- Expression Equation Inequality Foldable
- Using Equations to Solve Word Problems Foldable
- 3 Essential Rules of Math for Solving Equations
- Using Scales to Model Solving Equations with Variables on Both Sides
- DO UNDO Method for Solving Equations Foldable
- Inverse Operations Graphic Organizer
- Solving Equations Flowchart Foldable
- Five Easy Pieces Activity
- Solving Equations Auction Review Game
- Basketball Game for Solving Two Step Equations
- Flow Chart for Solving Multi-Step Equations
- Snowball Fight – Solving Equations Activity
- Solving One Step Equations Foldable
Tuesday 2nd of November 2021
I just wanted to say this really helped my 7th grade students to understand the inverse operations as we introduce equations to them. And bonus- my admin LOVED the visual aid, and gave me praise for using this. Thank you for sharing such great resources.
Wednesday 3rd of November 2021
That is so great to hear Caitlin!