I created this SOCS practice foldable to give my statistics students practice describing the distribution of various graphs. We use the SOCS mnemonic to structure our writing.
S – Shape
O – Outliers
C – Center
S – Spread
I took these practice problems out of Stats: Modeling the World and made them into a quick foldable.
This foldable was a follow-up to our SOCS foldable that we glued in our interactive notebooks.
Free Download of SOCS Practice Foldable
SOCS Practice Foldable (PDF) (208 downloads)
SOCS Practice Foldable (Editable Publisher File ZIP) (125 downloads)
More Activities for Teaching Statistics
- 53 Fun and Interesting Statistics Activities
- Mean Median Mode & Range Challenge Activity
- Linear Regression Tutorials
- Dry Erase Workmat for Finding Five Number Summary, IQR, and Outliers
- Tenzi vs Splitzi Measures of Central Tendency Activity
- Measures of Central Tendency Graphic Organizers
- Statistics Interactive Notebook Pages 2015-2016
- Statistics Survey Project
- Best Line of Best Fit Contest
- Let’s Make a Graph Activity
- Hiring Discrimination Simulation for Statistics
- Game of Greed Statistics Foldable