I want to share a systems of equations foldable I created for my Algebra 2 students to glue in their interactive notebooks.
First, we did a pretty basic interactive notebook page on how to solve systems of equations by graphing.
We began by defining two important terms: system of equations and solution.
I love having students glue these graph paper index cards in their interactive notebooks when I decide to have students graph something on a whim.
Then, we made a 3 door foldable over the 3 types of systems.
This basic 3 door foldable template (download shared at the bottom of this post) is one of my go-tos.
Each flap on the foldable represents a different type of systems: intersecting lines, coinciding lines, and parallel lines.
The inside of the foldable shares the number of solutions that each system has and its proper name (independent, dependent, or inconsistent).
Free Download of Systems of Equations Foldable Template3 Door Foldable (PDF) (3550 downloads )
More Resources for Teaching Systems of Equations and Inequalities
- Balancing Act Puzzles
- All Tied Up In Knots Systems of Equations Exploration Activity
- Solving Systems by Graphing Foldable
- Solving Systems by Elimination Graphic Organizer
- Solving Systems by Substitution Graphic Organizer
- Acrobats Grandmas and Ivan Systems of Equations Task
- Blank Graphic Organizers for Solving Systems of Equations Algebrically
- Writing Systems of Equations Foldable
- How Tall is Harold? Systems of Quadratics Task
- Systems of Equations Foldable