This blog post contains Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases. This comes at no cost to you. Thanks for your support of Math = Love!
I created a YET poster to hang in my classroom.
This poster was inspired by Ilana Horn’s Strength in Numbers: Collaborative Learning in Secondary Mathematics.
In the book, Ilana Horn talks about how the word “yet” is missing from our students’ vocabularies. If a student says, “I can’t do this,” we need to correct them. They can’t do this YET. This goes right along with what I’ve learned from reading Carol Dweck’s Mindset: The New Psychology of Success. Adding the word “yet” can potentially change a statement from the fixed mindset to the growth mindset.
Free Download of YET Poster
YET Poster – 3 pages (PDF) (509 downloads)
YET Poster – 1 page (PDF) (339 downloads)
Want more posters? Check out my posters page!
More Free Printable Classroom Posters
- Strimko Puzzles in the Classroom
- Daily Date Magnets
- Puzzle of the Week Poster
- Modular Origami – Sonobe Classroom Display
- Google Classroom Poster
- Student Work is Coming Soon Poster
- Do You Need to Get Off the Escalator Poster
- Today is Poster
- 2 Nice Things Poster
- Birthday Poster
- SBG Posters – What Does My Quiz Score Mean?
- What Should Your Answer Look Like Posters