I have a laminated poster that says “Today is.” Each day, I try and remember to write the date as a math problem. This is a trick I picked up from my cooperating teacher while I was student teaching. Students HATE it because it makes them do a bit of extra math to figure out the date.
I love that sometimes when I forget to change the date that students will volunteer to come up with a new math problem for me!
MATH = LOVE RECOMMENDS…
A laminator is a MUST-HAVE for me as a math teacher! I spent my first six years as a teacher at a school with a broken laminator, so I had to find a way to laminate things myself.
I’ve had several laminators over the years. I currently use a Scotch laminator at home and a Swingline laminator at school.
I highly recommend splurging a bit on the actual laminator and buying the cheapest laminating pouches you can find!
Free Download of Today is Poster
Want more posters? Check out my posters page!
More Free Printable Classroom Posters
- Strimko Puzzles in the Classroom
- Daily Date Magnets
- Puzzle of the Week Poster
- Modular Origami – Sonobe Classroom Display
- Google Classroom Poster
- Student Work is Coming Soon Poster
- Do You Need to Get Off the Escalator Poster
- Today is Poster
- 2 Nice Things Poster
- Birthday Poster
- SBG Posters – What Does My Quiz Score Mean?
- What Should Your Answer Look Like Posters