I want to share a domain and range graphic organizer I created for my Algebra 1 students to glue in their interactive notebooks.
I used the same DIXROY mnemonic device with my Algebra 1 students that I introduced to my Algebra 2 students. I don’t really know how many students even use this to help them remember the meaning of domain and range.
DIX: Domain, Inputs, X-Coordinates.
ROY: Range, Outputs, Y-Coordinates.
I did see a student write the acronym on their index card to use on their semester test, so I guess at least one student has found it helpful.
The idea for this half-sheet graphic organizer was stolen, ahem, borrowed from Mrs. Hester. She posted a picture of this organizer from her 8th grade interactive notebook, and I fell in love. So, I typed up one at the last minute. I uploaded the template for you below. Everything isn’t perfectly aligned and centered, but it was the best I could do with the limited time I had. If I wasn’t such a procrastinator, my notebooks would be better.
Free Download of Domain and Range Graphic Organizer
Free Download of DIX ROY Chart
More Activities for Teaching Domain and Range
- Set and Interval Notation Dry Erase Template
- Build a Function Activity
- Domain and Range Challenge Activity
- Sketch a Graph Activity
- Inequality and Interval Notation Chart
- Key Features of Functions Work Mat
- Find the Flubs Activity – Set and Interval Notation
- Domain and Range Restrictions Foldable
- Domain and Range Foldables
- Domain and Range Graphic Organizer DIXI ROYD
- Domain and Range Foldables (DIXI ROYD)
- Algebra 2 Domain and Range Foldable
- Drawing Boxes for Domain and Range
- Domain and Range Graphic Organizer
- Interactive Domain and Range Foldable
- DIX ROY Acronym for Domain and Range
- Domain and Range Pictionary Activity
- Notation for Domain and Range Foldable