I created this types of systems foldable to summarize the different types of systems my students would be dealing with in physical science.
I brought some props from home to help us wrap our mind around the different types of systems.
The cooking pot without the lid was an example of an open system. The cooking pot with the lid on was an example of a closed system. Both the thermos soup bowl and the ice chest were examples of insulated systems.
Free Download of Types of Systems Foldable
More Resources for Teaching Chemical Reactions
- Balancing Equations Worksheet
- Reaction Rate Summary Notes
- Effect of Concentration on Reaction Rate Lab
- Rust Lab
- Effervescent Tablet Lab
- Glow Sticks Reaction Rate Lab
- Types of Systems Foldable
- Predicting Products of Chemical Reactions Foldable
- Classifying Reactions Foldable
- Types of Chemical Reactions Foldable
- Writing and Balancing Chemical Equations Foldable
- Balancing Equations Foldable
- Predicting Products Review Game
- Diatomic Elements BrINClHOF Poster
- Classifying Types of Reactions Card Sort Activity