My chemistry students requested that we do something fun for Valentine’s Day. We haven’t done a lab in a while, so I put together a Conversation Hearts Lab.
I saw that you could do the standard Dancing Raisins activity with conversation hearts, so I decided to try it out. It turns out I should have just stuck with raisins.
Some of my students were able to get their conversation hearts to dance in their cup of soda, but most of the hearts just sunk or floated. 🙁 They still enjoyed themselves, though!
More Labs and Activities
- Borax Snowflake Christmas Ornaments
- Mix and Match Mass Mini Lab
- Lab Report Requirements for Interactive Notebooks
- Ice Cream in a Bag Lab
- Conversation Hearts Lab for Valentine’s Day
- Film Canister Density Challenge
- Chromatography Butterflies Bulletin Board
- Mysterious Water Suspension
- Marble Roller Coasters
- Egg Drop Gallery Walk Activity
- Effect of Concentration on Reaction Rate Lab
- Rust Lab
- Effervescent Tablet Lab
- Glow Sticks Reaction Rate Lab
- How Many Molecules? Stoichiometry Lab
- Chalk Messages Measurement Lab
- Mini Metric Olympics Activity
- Hit the Target Lab
- Mini-Labs for Calculating Error and Percent Error