After reviewing the order of operations, we completed this negatives and exponents graphic organizer in our Algebra 1 interactive notebook.
I think in the future, I would make this activity into some sort of card sort instead. I also wish I would have had a place where students formally recorded the difference between a negative inside parentheses and a negative without parentheses. I did a better job of this with some of my classes than others.
Free Download of Negatives and Exponents Graphic Organizer
More Activities for Teaching Exponent Rules
- 9 Fun Exponent Rules Activities
- Exponent Rules Match-Up Activity
- Exponent Rules Review Game with ACT Questions and Distractors
- Mmm Exponent Task and Card Sort Activity
- Negatives and Exponents Graphic Organizer
- Exponent Rules Notes
- Exponent Rules Card Sort Activity and Karuta Game
- Exponent Rules Review Game – The Game of Grudge
- Foldable Book of Exponent Rules
- Exponent Foldable