After reviewing the order of operations, we completed this negatives and exponents graphic organizer in our Algebra 1 interactive notebook.
I think in the future, I would make this activity into some sort of card sort instead. I also wish I would have had a place where students formally recorded the difference between a negative inside parentheses and a negative without parentheses. I did a better job of this with some of my classes than others.
Free Download of Negatives and Exponents Graphic Organizer
Negatives and Exponents Graphic Organizer (PDF) (1351 downloads)
Negatives and Exponents Graphic Organizer (Editable Publisher File ZIP) (454 downloads)
More Activities for Teaching Exponent Rules
- 9 Fun Exponent Rules Activities
- Exponent Rules Match-Up Activity
- Exponent Rules Review Game with ACT Questions and Distractors
- Mmm Exponent Task and Card Sort Activity
- Negatives and Exponents Graphic Organizer
- Exponent Rules Notes
- Exponent Rules Card Sort Activity and Karuta Game
- Exponent Rules Review Game – The Game of Grudge
- Foldable Book of Exponent Rules
- Exponent Foldable