I added a new rate of change graphic organizer this year in our Algebra 1 interactive notebooks.
This graphic organizer resulted from making the decision to NOT introduce the term “slope” during our relations and functions unit. Instead, I decided to wait until our linear graphs and inequalities unit to begin referring to rate of change as slope.
We did four rate of change practice problems and stapled them together so they only took up one page in our notebooks.
Free Download of Rate of Change Graphic Organizer and Practice Problems
More Activities for Teaching Slope
- Finding Rate of Change from a Graph Hole Punch Activity
- Slope Treasure Hunt Activity
- Calculating Slope and Intercepts Foldable
- Finding Slope Foldable
- Four Types of Slope Graphic Organizer
- Rate of Change Interpreting Graphs Practice
- Rate of Change Graphic Organizer and Practice Problems
- Finding Slope and Intercepts Foldable
- Interpreting Slope and Intercepts Foldable
- Calculating Rate of Change from a Graph Practice Book
- Crow and the Pitcher Activity for Introducing Rate of Change
- Calculating Rate of Change from a Table or Set of Points Practice Book
- The Adventures of Slope Dude Posters
- Slope Dude Says
- Finding Slope from a Table or Set of Points Notes
- Slope Concept Map