I’m looking forward to playing this traffic lights game during the first week of school with my new 9th graders. Yes, I am teaching 9th graders for five of my six periods again this school year.
Not familiar with how to play the traffic lights game? I’ll let Julie explain!
Last year, I tried this game on the fly, so I ended up using the game boards I created for Rainbow Logic to play this game. This year, I decided it deserved its own set of game boards. 🙂
Here’s what I came up with:
MATH = LOVE RECOMMENDS…
A laminator is a MUST-HAVE for me as a math teacher! I spent my first six years as a teacher at a school with a broken laminator, so I had to find a way to laminate things myself.
I’ve had several laminators over the years. I currently use a Scotch laminator at home and a Swingline laminator at school.
I highly recommend splurging a bit on the actual laminator and buying the cheapest laminating pouches you can find!
Another way I’m changing things up this year is demonstrating how to play the game using my SMARTBoard instead of my document camera. I made an interactive version of the game using one of my favorite SMARTNotebook tools – Infinite cloner! I will let the class work together to try and beat me before they ever start playing their own partners.
Free Download of Traffic Lights Game
More Games and Activities
- Game of Sim
- Number Contests for the First Day of School
- Circle Tic Tac Toe
- Martinetti Dice Game
- Divisibility Rules Dice Game
- Pi Day Dice Challenge
- Proof! Math Game Review
- Tic-Tac-Toe Squared
- Teaching Students to Play the Train Game
- TIGO Puzzles
- Absolute Zero Card Game Review
- Make a Million Place Value Game
- Traffic Lights Game
- The Game of SET
- Tenzi vs Splitzi Measures of Central Tendency Activity
- Manifest Game by Frank Tapson
- Shape Logic by ThinkFun Game Review
- Brick Logic Game by ThinkFun Review
- Witzzle Bulletin Board
- Count to Ten
- Thirteen Game
- 5 x 5 Game by Sara Van Der Werf
- Game of Greed Statistics Foldable
- Prime Climb Game and an Interesting Problem
- Math Taboo
- Playing Spot It! In The Classroom
- The Game of 24
- Witzzle Pro Math Game
- Greedy Pig Dice Game for Practicing Probability