I found these interesting looking slants puzzles from brainbashers.com. I created a one-page introduction with the rules for these puzzles to give to my students.
In the last few days before Spring Break, a large portion of my students were gone for various reasons. I decided it was not an ideal time to start a brand-new unit in trigonometry. So, I went looking for a new logic puzzle to introduce my trig students to. Many of these students have been in my math classes since they were 8th graders, so they’ve seen almost all of the puzzles I have up my sleeve.
Then, I used my snipping tool to grab several puzzles for my students to try their hands at.
Page 1 of Puzzles:
Page 2 of Puzzles:
Page 3 of Puzzles:
Some of my students got really into these puzzles. Others, not so much.
If I was going to use these with my students again, I would make a MUCH bigger deal about the “Loops are not allowed” rule. Many of my students ignored this rule…
I enjoyed these slants puzzles myself. I look forward to doing more of them in the future.
Interested in the file I created with the rules and sample puzzles?
Digital Version of Slants Puzzles
Kathy Henderson has created a Desmos Activity Builder version of these Slants Puzzles.
Free Download of Slants Puzzles
Looking for more puzzles? I recommend checking out my dedicated puzzles page.
More Printable Paper and Pencil Logic Puzzles
- Sixes Number Challenge
- 3-1-4 Pi Day Number Challenge
- Sankaku Puzzles
- Strimko Puzzles in the Classroom
- Square Sudokus
- Make It Pythagorean Puzzles
- Number Ball Puzzles by Naoki Inaba
- Hidato Puzzles
- Step Puzzles by Naoki Inaba – A Logic Puzzle for Introducing Arithmetic Sequences
- Kazu Sagashi Puzzles from Naoki Inaba
- Factor Tree Puzzles Inspired by Dr. Harold Reiter
- Strimko Logic Puzzles Review
- Tents and Trees Puzzles
- Slants Puzzles
- Angle Mazes by Naoki Inaba
- Zukei Puzzles
- Japanese Logic Puzzles for the Secondary Math Classroom
- Area Maze Puzzles from Naoki Inaba
- Masyu Puzzles
- KenKen In The Classroom
- Futoshiki Puzzles
- Hashi Puzzles
- Shikaku Puzzles
- Nonogram Puzzles
- Digit Cells Puzzle